Electrician Needed to Join Our Growing Team!
We want our customers to have a “Ritz-Carlton experience”–not just another grubby electrician. Are you up for that?
***Make sure you read the directions. We don’t call people back who don’t follow the directions. 😉
We are looking for enthusiastic, honest, hard working electricians to join our awesome team who have a thorough knowledge of electrical service diagnosing and troubleshooting. Preference will be given to applicants with an electrical license and those who can demonstrate excellent customer services skills.
The Electrical Service Technician is mainly responsible for responding to service requests for commercial & residential customers to provide electrical services such as troubleshooting, minor electrical repair, rewiring, installing fixtures, etc. He or she will also be responsible for filling in on our lighting installation crews when needed.
Our #1 difference as an electrical contractor is that we deliver an amazing customer experience by showing up on time, communicating professionally, and showing great care for our customers’ facilities or homes.
Our #2 difference is that we ALWAYS focus on energy efficiency for our customers, no matter what job we’re doing. We want to save our customers as much money on electricity as possible.
This individual will report to the Director of Electrical Services. There will be room for advancement as we grow this new division of our company.
The job will be based in Hendersonville, Tennessee. Local daily travel in a company-provided vehicle will be required, so a clean driving record is a must.
Our #1 priority is to hire someone with great electrical knowledge so he or she can troubleshoot and make repairs on site for our customers. Just as important is this person’s people skills. We are looking for someone with top-notch customer service skills who can interact with customers in a professional, friendly, and pleasant manner. ***If you are a grumpy person or have trouble talking to people, this opportunity is not for you.***
Here at Energy Lighting Services, we have a laid-back, professional, entrepreneurial culture. We’re Team Members rather than employees, and every Team Member has a share in our success. We work together to accomplish the best possible outcome for our customers. So don’t apply if you have a clock-in-clock-out mentality or if you don’t have a good sense of humor. We love what we do and have fun doing it!
Oh, and all of our Service Technicians carry an iPad where all work orders, customer invoices, etc. are placed, filed, and kept. We’re pretty high-tech!
Sign-on Bonus Available!
Make sure you read the directions. We don’t call people back who don’t follow the directions. 😉
INCOME & BENEFITS
- Salary is competitive and will depend upon experience, education, and licensing. Up to $25 per hour.
- Sign on bonus – ask staff for details
- Retirement plan, Health/Dental/Life Insurance available through payroll deduction (after 90 days)
- Paid vacation and personal time off (after 1st year)
- Assemble, install, test, and maintain electrical or electronic wiring, equipment, appliances, apparatus, and fixtures, using hand tools and power tools.
- Diagnose malfunctioning systems, apparatus, and components, using test equipment and hand tools, to locate the cause of a breakdown and correct the problem.
- Connect wires to circuit breakers, transformers, or other components.
- Inspect electrical systems, equipment, and components to identify hazards, defects, and the need for adjustment or repair, and to ensure compliance with codes.
- Advise management on whether continued operation of equipment could be hazardous.
- Test electrical systems and continuity of circuits in electrical wiring, equipment, and fixtures, using testing devices such as ohmmeters, voltmeters, and oscilloscopes, to ensure compatibility and safety of the system.
- Prepare sketches or follow blueprints to determine the location of wiring and equipment and to ensure conformance to building and safety codes.
- Use a variety of tools and equipment such as power construction equipment, measuring devices, power tools, and testing equipment including oscilloscopes, ammeters, test lamps, and lifts. (Lift certification required, but we will provide certification training if needed.)
- Install ground leads and connect power cables to equipment, such as motors.
- Perform business management duties such as maintaining records and files, preparing reports and ordering supplies and equipment.
- Work from ladders, scaffolds, and roofs to install, maintain or repair electrical wiring, equipment, and fixtures.
- Place conduit (pipes or tubing) inside designated partitions, walls, or other concealed areas, and pull insulated wires or cables through the conduit to complete circuits between boxes.
- Construct and fabricate parts, using hand tools and specifications.
- Fasten small metal or plastic boxes to walls to house electrical switches or outlets.
- Provide preliminary sketches and cost estimates for materials and services.
- Maintain a safe job site and ensure that the requirements of the Occupational Health and Safety Act (OSHA) are enforced (OSHA certification required, but we will provide certification training if needed.)
- Maintain and enforce good construction standards and quality control
- Maintain control and responsibility for the security and operation of company-owned equipment on the job site
- Control and monitor labor, material, and equipment expenses
- Calculate and complete daily and weekly status/progress reports for all projects
- Accurately schedule, plan, and bring projects to completion on time and under budget
- Other duties as assigned by the Manager
DESIRED SKILLS, EXPERIENCE, AND KNOWLEDGE
- Professional appearance & attitude required
- High School Diploma or equivalent (preference given to candidates with college or trade school degrees)
- Knowledge of basic construction terms, scheduling, and planning concepts required
- Knowledge of all types of commercial lighting systems helpful, but not necessary (LED, Fluorescent, Halogen/Incandescent, Metal Halide/HPS, etc.)
- Knowledge of lighting terminology helpful, but not necessary (lumen, lux/footcandle, CCT, CRI, etc.)
- Ability to communicate status of projects effectively and regularly to stakeholders
- Have a firm grasp of energy terminology preferred (kWh, voltage, wattage, etc.)
- Firm knowledge of the NEC
Customer Service Skills Required
- Experience in dealing with professional customers directly in a friendly and effective manner
HOW TO APPLY
DON’T FORGET TO make sure you read the directions. We don’t call people back who don’t follow the directions. 😉
- DO NOT call our office, please.
- Make sure you have a clean driving record.
- Send a resume (two pages, maximum) to jackie[at]elsco[dot]org
- Send a cover letter (one page maximum) to jackie[at]elsco[dot]org. Your cover letter needs to highlight how your experience and expertise meets what we’re looking for. Tell us how your electrical and customer services skills will deliver a “Ritz-Carlton experience” for our customers.
- REMEMBER: Make sure you read the directions. We don’t call people back who don’t follow the directions. 😉