Energy Efficiency Funding
Zero Out-of-Pocket Funding.
Increase cash flow from day one.
One of the unique attributes of Energy Lighting Services is our ability to offer our customers a zero out-of-pocket solution to their energy efficiency needs. Every project is different and every customer has unique situations, but in most cases Energy Lighting Services will fund the entire project for the customer. Our services are guaranteed to save you money. Literally!
LED Retrofit Project Funding
Here’s how Zero Out-of-Pocket works:
- The customer engages the services of Energy Lighting Services.
- Energy Lighting Services will conduct a thorough assessment of the customer’s energy use and make recommendations for an energy efficiency project.
- The customer agrees to a five-year Energy Savings Agreement with Energy Lighting Services. ELS will source, install, and maintain the lighting system for five full years for a flat monthly fee with no money out-of-pocket.
- The Energy Savings Agreement monthly fee will be less than the guaranteed monthly savings, providing a cash flow increase (CFI) to the customer.
- The Energy Savings Agreement can be structured as an off-balance sheet transaction, or can be structured as a liability on the balance sheet, depending upon the customer’s desire and creditworthiness.
Zero Out-of-Pocket Example:
- ABC Co hires Energy Lighting Services and discovers they are overspending by $25,000 per month in electricity due to an inefficient lighting system.
- ABC Co agrees to a five year Energy Savings Agreement with Energy Lighting Services for $15,000 per month for sixty months with no money up front.
- Energy Lighting Services sources a custom-tailored LED lighting system and has it installed at ABC Co’s facility. ELS maintains the system for five full years at no additional cost to ABC Co.
- ABC Co enjoys a $10,000 per month cash flow increase (CFI), totaling $2.1M in guaranteed CFI over five years.
Funding & Incentives
Energy Savings Guarantee
You have nothing to lose!
We offer an Energy Savings Guarantee (ESG) backed by a leading worldwide A.M. Best A+ rated insurer! This guarantees that you will save the energy we predict (or more). If for some reason the savings do not materialize as a result of the project, the ESG provides an insurance policy that will pay you the difference in cash! What do you have to lose?
If you are spending at least $5,000 per month on electricity, you may qualify for a zero out-of-pocket expense project!
How Does It Work?
- A portion of the money you currently spend on your electricity can be redirected to fund the cost of the project.
- Most projects are paid for in under three years.
- Use the savings to pay for the project, then once it is paid for, your bottom line increases significantly.
- You are ALREADY spending the money that could be used to go green and save energy. Why not start spending it wisely today so you can have more tomorrow?
Most projects are paid for in under three years!
Low Interest Financing
We partner with national lenders who specialize in energy efficiency lending.
Most of our lenders collaborate with regional energy producers, state departments of energy, and national and local banks. These loan programs provide businesses with flexible, below market rate loans to help implement projects that reduce energy use, improve cash flow and provide a new opportunity for growth.
4 Reasons to invest in efficiency
Going Green Saves Green
Energy efficiency is the best way to reduce costs and increase profits. Cutting energy use by 20% is like increasing the bottom line by 5%. Studies show that every $1 spent on energy efficiency projects yields $2.84 in savings over the life of the project. Our customers have seen millions is savings.
Reduce Your Carbon Footprint
Technological advances have improved the energy efficiency of many building systems by as much as 30%-60%, resulting in lower utility bills and reduced environmental impacts, often without sacrificing quality or comfort. Using less energy reduces emissions of carbon dioxide, air-borne mercury, and other harmful pollutants from power plants that burn fewer fossil fuels to meet the lower energy demand.
Keeping Pace with Your Competition
Your peers are getting greener, so why aren’t you? From industrial giants to the shop next door, business owners are getting on board with energy efficiency. More than 100 leading industrial firms, from 3M to Whirlpool, have committed to reduce their energy intensity by 25% in the next 10 years. It’s the best way to save money, reduce risk and maintain a competitive edge, even in the most challenging economic environments.
Increased Employee Productivity
People prefer to work in energy-efficiency buildings designed to provide fresh air, daylight and a greater sense of control over airflow, temperature, and lighting levels. Studies show that productivity increases by 3%-5% and sick days decrease by 20%-25% when energy efficiency measures are implemented. Even small improvements in employee health and productivity can have substantial financial impacts, potentially much larger than operational energy savings from building retrofits.
Receive a complimentary energy efficient lighting consultation for your facility. It all begins with a 30-minute discovery call either on the phone or at your office.